[wp-testers] Whats up with the legacy 2.0 branch?

g30rg3_x g30rg3x at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 19:20:27 UTC 2009

2009/7/21 Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>:

> It is no longer supported because:
>
> No one was downloading it.
> We have made significant security improvements which could not easily be
> back ported while still maintaining it as a security bug fix release.

Ok...
But IMHO the "WordPress Development Team" should at least release and
a announcement about dropping the support of the 2.0 branch on the dev
blog.
Remember that the users from the 2.0 branch do not have updates
notices neither automatic updates but they still receive the feed from
the dev blog and the wordpress planet feed.

Regards