[wp-testers] Error with auto-upgrade to 2.8.1

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Fri Jul 10 03:33:00 UTC 2009

I am trying to use auto-update to take a 2.8 install to 2.8.1, and am
encountering the following error:

Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.8.1.zip.

Unpacking the update.

Incompatible archive: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid End of
Central Dir Record size : 12

Installation Failed

This is the first time I've had an auto-update problem with this
install. Auto-update for plugins works just fine, and core updates have
worked fine until now.

I found a ticket in Trac (https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10104)
which shows a fix that has been applied for 2.8.1. Unfortunately, this
fix isn't working for me.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this working properly (other than a
manual upgrade) and where I can look to try and track down the cause?

Thanks in advance!

Kim