[wp-testers] Auto-update to 2.8.1-RC1 not working properly

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:08:42 UTC 2009

Might as well add me to the list. Auto upgrade from 2.8.1 beta
2 on my two sites completed successfully but left me at 2.8.1
beta 2 (in the footer and "version.php"). I didn't have the
"nag" screen in either site though once the RC became
available. Does Automattic have different servers for manually
downloading purposes and auto-upgrading purposes? If so,
perhaps 2.8.1 RC (for auto-upgrading) never made it to the
correct server?

Just a thought