[wp-testers] Auto-update to 2.8.1-RC1 not working properly

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Wed Jul 8 11:17:09 UTC 2009

I did the auto-update on my test install to go from 2.8.1-beta2 to
2.8.1-RC1. When the update is complete, I get the successful update
message, but the dashboard still says that I have 2.8.1-beta2.

I've checked via FTP and the files on the server show today's date and
time that I did the auto-update. I did open version.php, and it shows
the following:

<snip>
$wp_version = '2.8.1-beta2';

<snip>
$wp_db_version = 11548;

<snip>
$tinymce_version = '3241-1141';

<snip>
$manifest_version = '20090616';

My test install has been able to grab the latest updates for the
2.8.1-xxx up to this point. Shouldn't the auto-update be grabbing the
RC1 update as well, since that would be the latest nightly build?

Anyone else having this issue?

Kim