[wp-testers] Wordpress scaling problems

Paul Robinson pablorobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:13:11 GMT 2009

Engel, my 2 cents (or pounds seeing as I'm in the UK) I've been using the
first one for quite a long time in three blogs & google has always loved it.
There might be a better way, but as far as I've seen it works great, not
that there is much difference between the two versions.

I've always wondered though, maybe one of you clever WP boffins can answer
this? Is the mentioned permalink structure any better or worse than the
classic year/month/day/postname structure?

Also going back to the WP pages thing, my Dad (A health and medicine
blogger) wanted to make a mini database of mental health based drugs using
the WP page system. This would have reached into the hundreds of pages and I
stopped him from doing it. After reading this compelling discussion I'm glad
I did now. :)

Paul.