[wp-testers] Link to Nightly Build

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sat Jan 17 17:14:10 GMT 2009

On 17 Jan 2009, at 17:02, Stephen Rider wrote:

> Since this question gets asked so frequently, perhaps we should put
> an actual link on this page?  http://wordpress.org/download/nightly/
>
> The first few links of Doug's "Google-fu" don't actually link to
> the download.  The first hit is the page above, which has no link
> but *does* say "join wp-hackers and they'll tell you".  Thus,
> everyone comes to the list and asks, because that's what the
> WordPress site says to do.

The reason why a direct link isn't there is to encourage people to
join this list if they are interested in testing.

We don't want to encourage the download of a nightly build direct
from the site to reduce the number of people who will download that
instead of a release build and then go and fill the support forums
with issues.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5