[wp-testers] Feature request for WP 2.8

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Jan 12 21:56:01 GMT 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 2:29 PM, DJ Allyn wrote:

> I do have a problem with some people who come to one of my sites to
> disrupt.  They will sign up for an account using a "throw-away"
> email using
> one of many temporary anonymous email services and as soon as I
> delete their
> account, they are right back again.  I have tried IP blocking, but
> they
> usually use a proxy service like TOR

I remember a site one time blocking me because it recognized that I
was on TOR.  It explicitly said that they'd had too many problems with
spammers using TOR, so they were (unfortunately) blocking TOr users.

Not sure where they got the list of TOR proxy IPs, but worth a
thought.  Of course you will likely block a certain number of legit
users as well that way, but IP blocking always carries that risk.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>