[wp-testers] Feature request for WP 2.8

DJ Allyn djallyn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 20:29:05 GMT 2009

I don't know if this is the proper place for it, but one thing I would like
to see is the ability of putting an individual user into moderation if I
feel they are starting to become disruptive.  I know, I could simply delete
them, but there is absolutely nothing stopping them from just coming back
and re-registering -- especially if they are using a proxy service.

Now that I think about it, I have a second feature I'd like to see:

I do have a problem with some people who come to one of my sites to
disrupt.  They will sign up for an account using a "throw-away" email using
one of many temporary anonymous email services and as soon as I delete their
account, they are right back again.  I have tried IP blocking, but they
usually use a proxy service like TOR or one of the hundreds of other
anonymous services so blocking is virtually impossible.

I would like the ability to be able to "approve" users, instead of allowing
them to simply "verify" themselves.

--
DJ Allyn
www.djallyn.org

"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music"