[wp-testers] Um, Seriously?

Paul Robinson pablorobinson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 23:07:33 GMT 2009

I was never sure since, on my last host (which is what I think was causing
the problem since they were crap), I used to use a redirect on 404 and
google's webmaster tools refused to validate my site as it said the 404
pages returned 200 status. I now don't have any problems since I moved to
DreamHost, but since my host said it was my fault for redirecting 404's I
just assumed it was a bad idea to redirect 404...

Lieing *&%*£&%£ that they were. I still think having a 404 page is more
informative that redirections though. :P

Paul.