[wp-testers] 2.7.1 Release Candidate 1

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Tue Feb 10 11:36:05 GMT 2009

> Yeah, and I wish they'd put something on the main dev blog. I know Ryan
> posted about Beta-1 and RC-1 on his own site, but I can't update the
> Freshmeat.net entry about 2.7.1-whatever until there's an official posting
> on wordpress.org. (the fm.net moderators will reject it)

Is that a necessity?
I understand the need to follow each steps strictly when a major
version is in the works, but for a minor version?
There have been official posts about 2.7's betas and RCs (even moreso
because it was a hell of a step forward), but I wonder about the
usefulness of making official posts for every steps of a minor
version. To me, one official post announcing the release of 2.7.1
sounds enough.

--
Xavier Borderie