[wp-testers] Bleeding-edge errors on my blog

Garrett Fitzgerald sarekofvulcan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 14:01:18 GMT 2009

I run on 2.8-bleeding-edge, updating regularly using SVN. It's been a
while since this has been a problem, but recently, I killed the blog.
I was able to bring it back, but it seemed a bit unstable. I was
having problems with searching and categories, so I updated to the
current nightly (11096) to see if that fixed it. Now, at the top of
every page, I get the following 3 messages, identical except for line
number:

"Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you
would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of
apply_filters(). If you would like to enable call-time
pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true
in your INI file in
/home/.vuitton/sarekofvulcan/donnael.com/blog/wp-includes/widgets.php
on line 170", "line 231", and "line 261".

To trouble-shoot, I removed all the widgets from the sidebar,
inactivated all the plug-ins, and changed to one of the default
themes, with no obvious result (except that I could search by category
again, which was broken before). I tried exporting earlier to see if I
could restore to a stable version, but neither one of the exports got
all of my posts.