[wp-testers] Hook for editing posts / pages AND text Widgets

Dan Milward dan at instinct.co.nz
Thu Apr 23 22:43:01 GMT 2009

I just got a crazy request from somebody asking if we could make
something like http://www.crunchbase.com/company/flickr  using WordPress.

Scribu's Plugin [http://scribu.net/wordpress/front-end-editor] has the
inline editing sorted for pages and posts. What are the chances of
adding a hook to Text Widgets in 2.8 so that they too are editable
inline using something like front-end-editor.

It might already be possible - it all goes towards making WordPress much
more customizable and easy for noob users (like my Mum) what do you guys
think?

Best,
Dan