[wp-testers] [Testers Wanted] Plugin/Theme Installs/Upgrades

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Apr 17 14:51:14 GMT 2009

If you dont have a Test environment setup that can handle FTP, then you might as well stop reading now, since this isnt going to affect you much right now

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7875#comment:25
For a long time i've been meaning to combine the ever-growing list of code blocks in WP which manipulate the filesystem, There were 7 copies of near-identical code consisting of ~120lines each previously.. Not very elegant, and if a bug was found in one place, it'd have to be patched in multiple places.

The result was me finally rewriting the code to be a bit more robust. And we're now looking at a 100kb Diff..

I need people to test it.

Its as simple as that, I need those with a development environment, or testing environment, with non-critical data/live data that they can do some testing with to locate any bad bugs - I've not found any recently, I did destroy quite a few things whilst writing the code though..

This time, I'd rather not have it commited, and then (Master) Matt turn around and mention that it deleted all his plugins.. :).

So, If you've got a -second- ftp account separate from your main WP installs (Just so it cant get confused and mess up something it shouldnt!), then please do give the changes a whirl, and report back on what works/doesnt work.

The Diff in question is this one: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/7875/7875.6.diff (Please do check for a later patch on that ticket though..)

Comments either Here, or on that ticket, If posted here, I'll just link to the thread from the ticket in the morning

Cheers,
Dion