[wp-testers] Widgets in 2.8 Bleeding...

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Apr 16 20:15:05 GMT 2009

Silverstein, Jesse wrote:
> I don't think Widgets should have top-level navigation globally. They are fundamentally part of Design. I do think it would be fairly simple to write a plugin that moves the Widgets link out of the Design menu so those who want it can have Widgets be top-level.

I agree. While I'm sure there are a fair number of people who tweak
their widgets frequently, I'd be willing to bet that *most* folks don't
reconfigure their widgets very often. And as Jesse suggets, a plugin to
move the menu item would be a satisfactory compromise for the former case.

Widgets are conceptually a part of the Design. Especially when you
consider that some themes come with pre-bundled widgets of their own.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/