[wp-testers] Widgets in 2.8 Bleeding...

Paleo Pat tpblogeditor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 09:14:05 GMT 2009

All works here... so far, there's an error, believe me, you'll know about
it. ;-P

(warning the following might have wordy derd or two, or as it is commonly
known as, a swear word or two in it...)

In an sorta related, and sorta not item. I have hosting with site5.com.
They're doing server upgrades, and anyways, I did the update to the latest
build and I notice the new widget layout. Anyways, I wanted to add a little
square banner to my Blog, and so, I went and snagged the code, and was going
to add it to a preexisting widget. So, I pasted said code and hit save and I
see the swirl, going around and around and around... and I'm thinking
"Uh-oh...." and I hit refresh, and sure enough, dead flippin' server, no
response, I let out a very long drawn out "ooooohhh Fuuuuuuck....." and went
over to tech support and started the process of finding out what exactly
happened, and what I broke.

Well, believe it or not, It wasn't me. They were doing server upgrades an
guess who's got done first... Mine. When the support tech guy told me that,
I nearly died laughing, I would have loved to been the fly on the wall
during that tech support meeting! "Yeah, let's do the server that the
asshole political blogger is on FIRST, he's very picky and the minute the
server goes down, he is on us like a mad man!" LOL! Anyhow, the server was
back up in like 5 minutes. I was able to add my code without any trouble at
all.

It might not be as funny to you guys, but for me, it was the best laugh I'd
had in a while. You know you're important when they upgrade your server
first! LOL!

-Paleo Pat
http://www.politicalbyline.com