[wp-testers] SimplePie Issues On The Dashboard

Joseph Scott joseph at josephscott.org
Tue Apr 14 16:34:01 GMT 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 10:19 AM, Matt Martz wrote:

> I see from your site that it appears that you are using the lifestream
> plugin.  The lifestream plugin contains and uses SimplePie.  WP 2.8
> now includes SimplePie.  Because that plugin and WordPress are both
> trying to load SimplePie you will get that error.

I ran into this exact same problem as well.  I ended up adjusting the
lifestream.php file and replaced:

----------
if (!class_exists('SimplePie'))
{
     require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/simplepie.inc.php');
}
----------

with:

require_once ABSPATH . WPINC . '/class-simplepie.php';

This just makes the lifestream plugin use the simplepie that ships
with WP 2.8+

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at josephscott.org