[wp-testers] **Maybe OT** Hacking Problem In 2.7.1

Paul Robinson pablorobinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:29:08 GMT 2009

Hi,

All file permissions are set as WordPress recommends, none have been
changed. My .htaccess has nothing suspect in it just the normal WP code,
supercache code & a maintainence code I have in there that I comment out &
uncomment as I need it.

I had guessed that the Mod_sec logs were a good thing, it just seems odd
that it happens a few minutes after the log times. I had guessed about the
shared server thing, but I contacted the host and they say no other problems
have been reported with any WP installations on my server, I realize that
the hack could still be the same it just seems odd that it has only started
happening in the past few days & that the mod_sec logs are always the same.

I'd guess that it's the same person, but the IP changes although they could
be using a anon proxy rotator or and I just getting to James Bondy here.
lol.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.