[wp-testers] Admin Layout

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Sep 16 01:27:18 GMT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Alex Hempton-Smith
<hempsworth at googlemail.com> wrote:
> He might have meant a mockup of how the finished design will look - rather
> than criticising the admin panel for having two post buttons for example,
> when they are likely to change later on. I think if we all knew how the core
> devs wanted the final piece to look/work we might be able to help more. We
> also keep getting told 'don't complain yet, its not ready', if we knew how
> it will look we might stop criticising...?

The next round of wireframes are being readied.  The wireframes are
changing in response to rounds of user testing, so there really hasn't
been a "one true design" yet.

I think everyone should feel free to criticize what's currently in
trunk.  The response may sometimes be, "We know, it's not ready yet",
and sometimes it may be, "Hey, good idea."  We're pretty firmly
decided on the vertical menu, however, so instead of talking about how
the top menu is better lets discuss how to make the vertical menu
better.