[wp-testers] Tested 2.7 threaded comments...

Idled Soul idledsoul at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 02:25:33 GMT 2008

Just wanted to let you know, I've implemented the "threaded comments"
code from the default theme, into my own theme once. Of course the
styling will have to be adjusted. But, the main reason for posting about
this, is to let you know, that for the most part the threaded comments
seem to be working fine! :)

After submitting a comment to someone's comment, it was threaded
underneath their's. That's good obviously! Now, I'm not sure how far the
depth of threaded comments can go though? As I tried submitting a
comment underneath my own comment to someone else's, the "reply" link is
no longer there. However, the "reply" link is there under original one
of mine... Just not on the one threaded under it...

So it's as such:

Jane's comment (Reply link)
-----My comment under hers. (Reply link)
-------My comment under my own. - no reply link there.

Would there be allowed for threaded comments, within threaded comments?
Just was wondering. It's not a big deal actually. I guess it's just
expected that comments wouldn't or shouldn't be threaded continuously
within other threaded comments. I think I just answered my own question
ha ha.

Also, while on the discussion of comments. Sometimes after approving the
comment(s) via the edit-comments.php control area, after a comment had
been approved, then doing a refresh of page, or moving away from page,
a/those comments are re-listed in "awaiting moderation" again.

Then I have to go back to re-approve them again. This doesn't happen all
the time though, which is odd. Maybe someone else might know what's
possibly going on here? Anyway, I just wanted to give the results and
heads-up regarding comments in general. :) ;)

FYI: I have a couple anti-spam plugins as well. Spam Karma 2 + (Akismet
& sk2_pjw_moderate_plugin), WordPress Hashcash, and Bad Behavior.
Perhaps maybe the sk2_pjw_moderate_plugin is what's trigging this little
issue? Where once approving a comment, it mysteriously ends up back in
"awaiting moderation" again? I'm not sure though.