[wp-testers] Strange issue

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Sep 11 14:39:48 GMT 2008

Shelly wrote:
> [...long description of problem and steps already tried...]

Have you tried rebooting the server? Or short of rebooting, have you
tried stopping apache, then *verifying* that it was stopped?

On one of my boxes, I get an occassional problem where a second set of
apache processes somehow starts up. If I do '/etc/init.d/apache2 stop',
it shuts down some of them, but there are still some running that have a
different parent process. I have to do 'killall apache2' to get rid of
those, then restart apache using the init script.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/