[wp-testers] Strange issue

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 18:21:51 GMT 2008

Understanding that I've read and reread your message here to make sure
that I understand everything you've done so far, it sounds like the one
of the main directories that WordPress is installed into may have become
write protected. Why this would happen could be many reasons/quirks or
whatever but since it doesn't seem to be related to the install or the
DB I would check the permission settings (CHMOD) of your customer's
server directories via FTP starting with "public_html" (should be set to
755) and on down. If WordPress is installed in it's own directory, that
one should be the next one you check under "public_html" and then onto
the 3 main directories of the WP install itself. For some reason, these
might be getting changed.

Hope this helps.