[wp-testers] Release Date Being Pushed Back

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Oct 29 23:57:56 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Jeff Chandler <jeffro at jeffro2pt0.com> wrote:
> With November being a little over 48 hours away and Beta 1 not yet being
> released, I was wondering if the team was thinking about pushing the
> November 10th date back one week? As we have already seen, there many people
> discovering many issues with the latest release and it would make sense to
> really give this version some time to bake out in the public for at least a
> week to allow people to report as many bugs as possible before the initial
> release. Just wondering what the time scale is looking like for beta
> releases/public release.

Agreed. There will probably be a schedule slip so that we can finish
up the visuals, allow a proper beta period, and schedule user testing
on the new design.

My hope is beta 1 at the end of the week with an RC1 or beta X on Nov
10 and final release at some as yet undetermined time after that. I'll
announce something soon, after firming up the dates.