[wp-testers] Automatic update working correctly?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Oct 27 04:40:05 GMT 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:38:08 +1100, Shane A. Froebel <shane at bugssite.org>
wrote:
> I hate to say this. But it looks like WordPress is getting towards PHP5
> at the min. very quickly.

Aside from PHP4 no longer having any real support from PHP, Theres nothing
in WordPress which pushes towards PHP5 functionality, Heck, theres only 7
PHP funtions which were introduced after PHP 4.3.0 which are in use (If
PHP supports the command), If the function isnt available, Theres a backup
method taken to assure that WP remains compatible.

Anything that is a PHP5 functionality, has a backwards compatible
mechanism built in.

I dont see WP going PHP5 until at least 3.0 (A years time), Until recently
PHP 4.2 was still supported..