[wp-testers] "Use of undefined constant COOKIEHASH"

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Sat Oct 25 14:13:15 GMT 2008

I did a manual update today, and notice a weird error in the theme,
telling me about deprecated functions (sorry, didn't copy that error
message).
I even was suprised to see that the theme was translated into French,
even though it was the regular default theme from trunk (I deleted all
files before upgrading) and that there was no /wp-content/language
directory of any kind. Along with that, weird UTF-8 errors in the
theme.

Suspecting I might have first installed wp-trunk with the FR
translation, I decided to delete the wptrunk_ tables in my database,
and do a full reinstall. That's where I was given the following notice
for 8 successive lines:

Notice: Use of undefined constant COOKIEHASH - assumed 'COOKIEHASH' in
/homepages/13/d210415911/htdocs/xavier/wp-trunk/wp-settings.php on
line 360

... followed by this one:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at
/homepages/13/d210415911/htdocs/xavier/wp-trunk/wp-settings.php:360)
in /homepages/13/d210415911/htdocs/xavier/wp-trunk/wp-admin/install.php
on line 36

...and finally the regular "Welcome to the famous five minute
WordPress installation process!"

I deleted all cookies pertaining to the WP blogs on my subdomain (I
have several, that I use or for test purposes) in Firefox, and then
all WP cookies I could find for any domain: still no dice. Used
WebDeveloper toolbar to delete All Private Data, nothing changed.
Out of ideas, I re-deleted all files and reinstalled them: nothing.

Any idea what might have happenned? I could simply be a new bug in
trunk, but somehow I doubt it, and I cannot figure how I got this
install to give me this.

--
Xavier Borderie