[wp-testers] Compatibility with BBPress

Idled Soul idledsoul at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 01:30:32 GMT 2008

John Blackbourn wrote:
> bbPress 1.0 alpha-2 is compatible with WordPress 2.6.2 in terms of
> stuff like integration between the two (ie. unified login and shared
> users table)
>
> Muhammed, what other ways of making WP and bbPress 'compatible' are
> you thinking of?

Oh yeah, I was just meaning as in terms of general "getting along
together" and the code being updated to "handle" same functions and so
forth at the same time. Because they want to make sure the two are on
the same "page" (code / functionality" wise).

Because if they keep changing WordPress's code / schema's / functions
and not bbPress's, people will be upset and constantly asking for
special plugins and so forth to make sure the two are going to work
together in harmony.

> but I suspect Muhammed is pointing out the fact that
> there are a few small but annoying bugs with the integration side of
> things in bbPress at the moment. No hacking or additional plugins are
> required to get the two to integrate though.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be little bugs until 2.7 is released. But,
before you know it, they'll both be on the same page in the long run,
so... it's all good!