[wp-testers] Right Now, right now

Musing Minds kimsch at musing-minds.com
Tue Oct 21 20:46:25 GMT 2008

Thanks Jane!

-----Original Message-----
From: wp-testers-bounces at lists.automattic.com
[mailto:wp-testers-bounces at lists.automattic.com] On Behalf Of Jane Wells
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 3:40 PM
To: wp-testers at lists.automattic.com
Subject: [wp-testers] Right Now, right now

Lots of back and forth about the Right Now module, so here's the deal.

The deal:
The Right Now module went away and was coming back. Now it's back,
but not revised. Don't pay any attention to it for now. In fact,
don't pay attention to the way the Dashboard looks, period, until it
looks more or less like the comps we posted on the dev blog. The CSS
blocks are being redone, styles are being redone, and we're not going
to do much with the dashboard until those foundational things are
done. It will have two even columns. Drag and drop will be easy with
identified targets outlined, things will align, things will be
pretty, all the info will be in appropriate modules. In other words,
a lot of lowish-priority fixes that will get done, but that will get
done AFTER things like making broken things work. :)

So if there are broken things on the Dashboard (reply to commments
doesn't work, quicklpress breaking, etc), definitely post it for us,
but until we actually change the aesthetics, please hold off on
aesthetic complaints.

Thanks for all your help in identifying bugs and breaks!
Jane