[wp-testers] Migrating plugins to 2.7

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Mon Oct 20 00:45:14 GMT 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 11:10 AM, A Walker <photofantaisie at live.fr> wrote:

> I hope I'm posting this to the correct list :-)
>
> I'm trying to migrate www.studiograsshopper.ch/wordpress-plugins/dynamic-content-gallery-plugin/ to 2.7 (using almost-beta). I get the dreaded Wordpress Failure Notice - "Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again" when updating options via the plugin's Options page.
>
> Can anyone point me to info regarding changes to the way 2.7 handles the updating of a plugin's options page?

I just relaxed the new options whitelisting requirements for 2.7.  Try
your plugin again with the latest from trunk, it should work again.
If not, let us know.

In the future, WP will require that all options be registered.
Currently, any plugin that wants to be compatible with WordPress MU
needs to register their options.  See the register and whitelist
functions here:

http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php#L800