[wp-testers] 2.7 Flash uploader not showing using Flash 10 plugin

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 17:50:16 GMT 2008

Looks like the "2.7-almost beta" Flash based media uploader (either in
the Admin "Media/Add new" page or in the TinyMCE "Insert Media" dialog)
is not showing or showing only briefly before disappearing entirely when
using the new Flash 10 plugin for Firefox 3.0.*, Opera 9.6 beta,
Google's Chrome and the ActiveX version for Internet Explorer 8.0 (and
previous). Unfortunately, I need the this latest release of Flash for
testing purposes of the above browsers so I can't revert to the old
Flash 9.0 r124. Fortunately, the "browser" uploader works fine for me in
this case. I tested for this in all the above browsers and the same
problem occurs...only the browser based uploader works, The Flash
uploader appears for less than a second, then disappears (the lower
section of the uploader is a complete blank).

Anyone using any of the browsers with the Flash 9.0.124.0 plugin that
can tell if the Flash uploader works or not with the latest build of
2.7? If it does then this probably needs to be looked into since Flash
10 has been released as a final version and is replacing the previous
versions. Version 10 also includes some very much needed improvements
and performance updates over the previous versions of Flash which are
especially needed for Firefox users as well as Opera and Chrome which
make use of the same plugin.