[wp-testers] Automatic update working correctly?

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Fri Oct 17 09:32:04 GMT 2008

> Hm.. Unrelated error, i'll patch up that notice though.

Cool. Just so you know, still same error with latest trunk
(2.7-almost-beta now, wow, what a day makes :) )

> If it didnt ask for it, Then it' thinks it can write directly to the servers
> files without going via FTP, which in most cases should be allright (Should
> be faster than FTP too).

Good to know. A notice might be useful, for users like me who thought
they'd had to - for instance, on another trunk-demo
(http://demo-trunk.wordpress-fr.net/), it does ask for FTP infos, so
not seeing it on my own host sent me off-base...

> Try opening /wp-content/upgrade/core/ and see if the files have been
> unpacked, does /wp-content/wordpress-latest.zip exist?

No /wp-content/upgrade/ to be found.
/wp-content/wordpress-latest.zip still there.

> Sounds like the same file.. I'm not sure of the localised version upgrades,
> I see no reason why it shouldn't've worked..

Neither do I. I'll do more tests once I get the un-localized version
to upgrade properly.

--
Xavier Borderie