[wp-testers] Automatic update working correctly?

Frederick Knowles frederick at thevistamail.com
Fri Oct 17 07:57:37 GMT 2008

I beleive that there is an addon that can be used to fix some of the problems that people have been having with this but I have lost the link and I forgot what it was called. Also, is there any way to disable the automatic update feature when you are running Wordpress 2.7 on a local server that is not connected to the internet? This is because I think that when it can't connect to update it screws up quite badly.

Thanks much.> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:47:14 +0200> From: xavier at borderie.net> To: wp-testers at lists.automattic.com> Subject: [wp-testers] Automatic update working correctly?> > I'm kicking the tires on 2.7's automatic update tool at the moment,> and I'm not getting much love from it.> That is, when I click on the Upgrade Automatically button, all it> gives me the following strings:> > Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip> Unpacking the core update> > ...then, nothing - and no footer. Is there supposed to be a signal> that all is done and well? At least, a revision number in the footer,> besides "2.7-hemorrhage", would be helpful...> If it's any help, my PHP settings are here, http://is.gd/4eE4 , but if> there are needed server-side stuff, it should be indicated in the page> itself, IMHO.> > Also, one thing to note, when I'm doing my test while using a> localised version (fr_FR), I'm not even getting the second line - but> I suppose localised update only works if there's actually the needed> file on fr.wp.org, for instance...?> _______________________________________________> wp-testers mailing list> wp-testers at lists.automattic.com> http://lists.automattic.com/mailman/listinfo/wp-testers