[wp-testers] Widgets Freezing

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 22:40:02 GMT 2008

Setting "#wpbody .wrap { position:relative; }" worked for me well enough
in regard to widgets functioning again (thanks Kasper) with only the
Comments page having rendering problems (drop down filter list
overlapping the "Recheck queue for spam" link). The rest of the admin
pages seem to be rendering properly. Of course my problem is different
from yours and stems from two different themes and a single plugin that
lock up the widgets page when activated (Firefox 3.0.* and Chrome).

You said you run plugins for old versions of WordPress. Can you
deactivate your plugins one by one until you find the plugin or plugins
causing the problem (leave Kasper's solution out of the picture for
testing purposes while you do this)? It may be more than one plugin
causing things to go awry so keep that in mind. Also, remember to clear
your browser's cache before checking for a change. I've had to do this a
number of times in the past, just part of the happy world of WordPress. ;)

HTH