[wp-testers] Core Upgrade Unsuccessful

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Wed Oct 15 08:36:18 GMT 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:30:15 +1100, Jeff Chandler <jeffro at jeffro2pt0.com>
wrote:

> Well, I finally gave the core upgrade a try and thought the backup
> utility was pretty nifty. I think clicked on the button to initiate an
> automatic upgrade and was greeted with the following error:

> *Incompatible archive: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End
> of Central Dir Record signature*

That error indicates that the Zip library used by WordPress thinks the
.zip file downloaded is Invalid, It could be due to a few reasons:

1. The file actually is invalid (doubtful)
2. The HTTP API failed and the downloaded file was incomplete (Which is a
possibility, Ryan mentioned it downloaded a zero byte file for him)
3. The Zip class is incompatible with your PHP Install (The plugin
upgrades work OK for you?)

I'm leaning towards number 2, Some extra debug needs to be done on the
Curl transport at least, Some of the others might need a closer look as
well for when it comes to file transfers
(Sorry, I dont have any instructions on how to debug the HTTP API right
now, Not enough time to type it out)