[wp-testers] Feature Freeze, Wireframes, Visual Design, Bug Scrubbing, and Beta Testing

Will Garcia w at will.ph
Tue Oct 14 13:32:47 GMT 2008

Hi Ryan,

Here's what I have found so far:
- Comment threading works using the default theme. Tried it on a custom
theme and it also works, but the layout is heavily dependent on the theme.
It wouldn't look nice with the layout Ma.tt has with his blog's comments
section (separated comment text area and commenter info). Haven't tried
comment paging yet, but I'm assuming it's working fine with the default
theme.
- Auto upgrade via the "Stay Updated" link works for my host (1&1). Other
users hosts' mileage may vary.
- Plugin installation from admin works beautifully. Searching for a plugin
works but would like to suggest the paged links for the results be more
prominent. And more results per page would be nice.
- Landing page for adding new plugins is not yet pretty, but I'm sure you
have that all covered.
- Upload a Plugin still not implemented as of the last auto-upgrade I did
(about an hour ago).

That's it for now. Sorry I'm not much help when it comes to coding and such.
I simply don't wanna jinx your mojo.

Kudos to all of the developers for exceeding my expectations. Just when I
thought 2.6.x couldn't get any better, here comes 2.7.

Cheers!

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:

> (Cross-posted to hackers and testers)
>
> Feature freeze is scheduled for today.  We've landed all of the
> planned features, so I think we're ready.
>
> A todo list for the wireframe implementation is here:
>
> http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/2008/10/10/have-gone-through-a-list-of-fixesupdate/
>
> The wireframes are here:
>
> http://wpdotorg.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/wf-dashboard_v002_093008jw.pdf
>
> If there are any screens from the wireframes you want to work on, jump
> in.  The categories and tags screens need someone.  See pages 11 and
> 12.
>
> The visual design is not yet done, alas.  Hopefully we will receive
> something this week.  Once I have something to show, I will show it.
>
> It's time to start beating on this thing. New features such as auto
> upgrade, plugin install, comment threading, comment paging, and so on
> need testing.  If you're already running 2.7, please try out the
> automatic upgrade.   Use the "stay updated" link in the footer to auto
> upgrade to the latest nightly build.
>
> The 2.7 milestone in trac needs serious scrubbing.  Enhancements and
> low-impact bugs need to be moved to 2.8.  Tickets with patches need
> the has-patch keyword.   Those with commit privs need to work through
> the has-patch list and either commit or defer.  If you have a ticket
> you really want to see in 2.7, drop a note on it and wave your hands
> in the wordpress-dev channel.
>

> http://trac.wordpress.org/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=2.7

Will Garcia
http://will.ph/