[wp-testers] WP 2.7 suggestion

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Wed Oct 8 20:54:04 GMT 2008

>> From: "Paul Robinson" <pablorobinson at gmail.com>
> Subject: [wp-testers] WP 2.7 suggestion

> would like there to be an option to crop medium sized thumbnails as
> well as the small ones.
>
> It might seem like a stupid request but my blog uses cropped medium
> thumbnails so I've had to hack wordpress slightly to get it to do
> that. An
> option would be great then I won't have to hack it.
We probably won't get to this in 2.7, given that freeze is only a few
days away, but we have additional media editing options, including
cropping, resizing and multiple-size image stuff on the wishlist for
2.8. When we are ready to start working on that, we'll solicit
community feedback about the media functions that would be the most
helpful.

Jane