[wp-testers] Re: Latest 2.7 trunk(9802?) widgets page non-functional

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:07:58 GMT 2008

Should have mentioned that I did this also (sorry, it was late) along
with disabling Gears in Chrome. Gears was enabled for the site when
using IE 8.0 beta 2 by the way, with no problems. I also tested this in
my local Sandbox (the latest XAMPP on Windows XP SP3) with no plugins
installed at all with the exception of "WP Widget Cache" and of course,
the Amazing Grace theme...same problem as described below.

All browsers are running "Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12" and Java(TM)
Platform SE 6 U10 (required for Chrome). I was thinking along the lines
that both of these are pre-release and might be causing these anamolies
(leaning more towards the Java version causing the widgets glitch) but I
really can't quite fathom why it would manifest on Firefox and Chrome
and not on the others and why only with this one plugin and theme? I did
contact both authors last night to see if they could shed some light on
this.

Oh yeah...despite minor rendering glitches at 1024x768, I'm lovin' the
new Admin UI.