[wp-testers] Re: 500 Server Error when posting

DJ Allyn djallyn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 01:20:53 GMT 2008

It IS a database issue, apparently, but I have no access to error logs at
DreamHost.  I can put in a different database and everything works fine, but
return to the original database and it locks up again.

I don't know WHAT happened.  It was working fine up until yesterday.  I have
been running the WP 2.7 on that domain since about the middle of the beta2.
It was working fine yesterday and this morning it stopped refreshing from
post-new to post.

I have tried to repair the database with wp-dbmanager,  I even went back to
WP 2.6.5 and then back to WP 2.7 again to upgrade the database.  No luck.  I
am kinda at a loss on this one.

It is getting close to the end of the year, and about the time I "archive"
the previous year in its own directory and start fresh with a new clean
install and database.  Maybe I will just wait it out another 32 days and
start fresh and spanking new.  (unless you have an idea on how I can repair
this database  ;)

Sounds like you might have a database problem on the site that has loading
problems when running 2.7***9948. Have you checked the error logs for any
"SQL server has gone away for...etc, etc" entries? For whatever reason, the
database may not have updated properly when you went from 2.6.5 to the 2.7
builds. Just a thought.

--
DJ Allyn
www.djallyn.org

"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music"