[wp-testers] 500 Server Error when posting

DJ Allyn djallyn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 20:16:49 GMT 2008

I have no problems on ONE of the domains on that server.  Editor page fully
reloads in about the same time as you report, give or take a second.  But on
the other domain, the editor page never reloads.  Firefox says it is
"waiting for www.liberaltopia.org" and there is no status bar.  After about
two minutes, I get the 500 Server Error message.

The interesting thing is, that I can abort the update or publishing after
about ten seconds, and go to the front page and see that the post has either
been published or changed.

When I went backwards to WP 2.6.5 the problem went away.

I just edited and updated posts on both of my sites (both running
2.7-beta-9948) with no problems or hangs. Time from hitting the "Update
Post" button to complete (editor page fully reloads) slightly less than 7
secs. I couldn't duplicate what your seeing (but I tried).

Load during post editing and updating around 2.15 to 2.46 (average load on
my 4 CPU shared server).
I'm on a Bluehost shared server. Resources set as follows:

max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 32M

*Server operating system:* Linux
*Current version of PHP:* PHP 5.2.6
*Current version of MySQL:* MySQL 5.0.67-community
*Webserver software:* Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) PHP/5.2.6 mod_ssl/2.2.9
OpenSSL 0.9.8i mod_fastcgi

--
DJ Allyn
www.djallyn.org

"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music"