[wp-testers] Font size in Admin is too big

Kim Parsell kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net
Fri Nov 21 20:27:54 GMT 2008

Otto -

The description paragraphs in the Plugins page and other pages that use
that same type of table are using the 12px font size, which doesn't
match what's been specified in the stylesheets for those areas. For
example, from global.css:

.widefat td,
.widefat th {
    border-bottom-width: 1px;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    border-bottom-color: #ccc;
    font-size: 11px;
    vertical-align: text-top;
}

Because the descriptions are wrapped in paragraph tags, that rule is
being overridden by this from wp-admin.css:

p, ul, ol, blockquote { font-size: 12px; }

If you add this to global.css right after the above-referenced section
(around line 330), you'll see the difference in the font size that was
originally intended:

.widefat td p {
    font-size: 11px;
}