[wp-testers] OT - Anyone else seeing porn here?

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:32:33 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Kim Parsell <kparsell-wp at kpdesign.net> wrote:
> Yes Lynne, I'm able to see it too, and I was able to find it in the source
> code as well. The links are to a subdomain on googlegroups.com, and the
> images you see are being hosted in imageshack.us. Tell Lloyd to look for the
> following in the source code - it's the beginning of the table which holds
> all of the porn material:

> 0);border-left:1px solid rgb(128, 0, 0);border-right:1px solid rgb(128, 0,
> 0);border-bottom:1px solid rgb(128, 0, 0)" cellpadding="8" width="900">
>
> Hope they're able to figure this out and get rid of it.

Thank you Kim, one of the 1st messages on the testing list that
actually helps test and resolve this issue. Unfortunately, I still
can't see it neither logged in, or out, with an account that is part
of the group or one that is not. Can someone provide a specific URL
where they see it? Are the logged in to Google? Part of the group?
Provide a bigger part of the HTML. (I'll probably end up having to
just report it to Google, hoping they can fix it.

What a cool problem to flex your problem identification skills
(unfortunate about the distasteful images) ;-)

Aside, the Google group is neither official nor unofficial. I use it
to ease searching the archive. Anyone can make a (public) archive of a
public mailing list -- there is a great tradition of this. Thankfully,
Google group does a better job then most tools of minimizing email
address harvesting.

Thank you,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com