[wp-testers] Re: post_password_required()

Idled Soul idledsoul at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 21:44:28 GMT 2008

Otto wrote:
> The question is, are you modifying the theme for your own site, or are
> you making a theme for actual distribution?
>
> If it's just for your own site, then who cares about backwards
> compatibility? Forget the legacy stuff, forget checking for
> function_exists. None of that is really necessary unless you plan on
> using the theme on a pre-2.7 installation.
>
> Here's my comments.php file. It should work on most sites unaltered.
> It's similar to the default theme's file, actually, with only a few
> minor changes (I like bigger avatars and different reply text):

Thanks for that Otto! :D However, this is for theme distribution, so I'm
trying to get it just right and without possible flaws. I don't have the
legacy.comments.php file in the theme folder AT ALL .. and applied that
filter to the functions.php file... and it appears to be working just
fine ... I'm not sure WHY though, but it is. I tested it on the
localhost. Maybe it's just being a little "forgiving" since it's on
localhost, I'm not sure. I'll do a copy of the original comments.php
file though, and rename it to be on safe side. ;)