[wp-testers] WordPress 3.0?

Stas SUSHKOV stas at nerd.ro
Tue Nov 18 18:48:24 GMT 2008

Hi.
I would keep the straight versioning.
Instead, I would like to see a new branch left as legacy!

I mean, since the 2.1 legacy branch a lot of things and features had
changed, and to this moment there's no another more updated legacy branch.

Why would be needed a legacy branch? Why Ubuntu is offering a LTS (long
time service) version for every major version? Because people want
stability! I mean, If I want to create a bulletproof stable wordpress
website (there's a lot of people that are using WordPress as a CMS),
with a stable and 100% working and well known for everybody admin
interface (to this moment admin panel had changed 3 times!), with a
stable and 100% bugless plugin API (as a third party developer, I would
like to not keep my eyes like a hawk on the wordpress trac), I need that
legacy branch!!!

Any opinions are welcomed...

--
() Campania Panglicii în ASCII