[wp-testers] WordPress 3.0?

Jeff Chandler jeffro at jeffro2pt0.com
Tue Nov 18 17:57:44 GMT 2008

I've seen rumblings across the WordPress community about whether or not
WordPress 2.7 should really be branded as WordPress 3.0 due in large
part to the changes that have taken place both on the feature and UI
front. I was wondering if I could get an official word from Ryan Boren
or Matt if you guys intend to keep this as version 2.7 or will you
actually brand this as 3.0 when it is released? I just want to know the
answer when I'm browsing around the community and I see talk about the
version numbers.