[wp-testers] Re: Default actions for top-level admin menu items

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Nov 17 12:40:48 GMT 2008

Ok so:
  * <div class='wp-submenu-head'>..title..</div> is seemingly non-needed, I
removed it and it doesnt seem to affect anything.. Probably a use for it
somewhere. Confuses screen readers since it duplicates the menu title
(Which is a link just above it)
  * No title attribute on links makes it hard to determine menu action,
Suggestion: ...title="Links: Add New">Add New</a
  * JS disabled = interface unuseable - I dont see a problem at all without
JS.. I've done it many times, Aside from not being able to access the
menu's without clicking into a different page (What do you expect?), there
doesnt appear to be much of a backstep there, barely any problem  at all..
can you enlighten me?
  * with CSS disabled, the Turbo/Help/Screen options appear between the
menu and the content.. Who uses without CSS these days? What screen reader
is not smart enough to determine menu and main content? Is there anything
which can be done to help direct screen readers as to what is a menu, and
what is content?
  * I'm no accessability whiz, or UI designer, I suck at both, I'm just
trying to understand the issues you're outlining :)