[wp-testers] Author in the posting

MichaelH justmichaelh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 13:38:52 GMT 2008

>From: "Saeb Msarwa" <HaydenSaeb at live.com>
>When I post new post it doesn't let me to choose my name as the Author only
>the the other users in my site show not mine !!

What version of WordPress you are using?

This problem is reported frequently in the forums.  Note that Trac Ticket
7027 has a patch that may stop this from happening.

In the meantime try this:
1.Create new admin user (e.g. newadmin) with Administrator Role
2.Login as 'newadmin'
3.Degrade the old 'admin' user to Role of Subscriber and Save
4.Promote the old 'admin' back to Administrator Role and Save
5.Login as the old 'admin'

If that doesn't work try:
1.Create a new admin user (e.g. newadmin) with Administrator Role
2.Login as 'newadmin'
3.Delete the old 'admin' user and assign any posts to 'newadmin'
4. Create 'admin' user with Administrator Role
5. Login as 'admin'
6. Delete 'newadmin' user and assign posts to 'admin'

MichaelH