[wp-testers] Categories Quick Edit not working

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:54:01 GMT 2008

A plugin that might be causing these cat. editing problems doesn't
necessarily have to relate directly with what you're attempting to do
but instead may disrupt a WordPress process or function where the side
effects might cause a problem like you're seeing. This is why when you
have a problem that others apparently aren't seeing, the next step is to
deactivate all your plugins and then see if the problem cleared up. If
it did, then reactivate your plugins one at a time until you find the
culprit.

For example, I had a plugin that froze up the (earlier builds of) 2.7
widgets page in the Admin but the plugin had nothing to do with widgets
whatsoever. It just happened to be a problem with the 2.7 core at the
time but it could have as easily been a problem with the plugin instead,
you just never know. Deactivating your plugins is always the next step
when tracking down a problem.

Scuse the lecture...I just can't help it. :P