[wp-testers] WordPress 2.6.3 is available! Please update now.

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:35:04 GMT 2008

Hi Debra,

I just updated one of my sites (via auto-update) from 9621 to 9638 to
check if I saw the same thing you are and I'm not. The top and footer
are clear of any 2.6.3 notices and there's the usual "Stay Updated" link
in the footer (works fine). Not that it should matter but did you clear
your browser's cache after you updated? And if you're running Gears you
might need to update the files as well (may not help but it's a god idea
anyway).

You don't happen to have the "WordPress Automatic Upgrade" plugin
activated do you? That would definitely cause something like you're
seeing to happen. It should be deactivated if you're using 2.7 builds.