[wp-testers] Default actions for top-level admin menu items

Reid Beels wp at reidbeels.com
Thu Nov 13 00:19:32 GMT 2008

Hi there,
It occurs to me that the current default actions when clicking on top-level
menus in 2.7 are a bit counterintuitive. The menu titles refer to
collections of objects (Posts, Media, Links, etc) so I would expect that
clicking on them would lead the user to a list of objects in a given
collection. Instead, it leads to a form for adding new objects. I agree that
having quick access to the new post form is important, but given the
addition of the favorite action menu it seems that the 'edit' view would be
a more sensible default for the top-level menus.
Reid Beels