[wp-testers] plugins not installing with wp 2.7 beta2

beanz bean.fairbanks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:24:37 GMT 2008

Hmm
I had no problem installing plugins via the admin panel with wp 2.7 beta1
but I can't get it to work with 2.7 beta 2. I have tried it on all 3 beta
blogs I have running.

Could not copy file:
/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/all_in_one_seo_pack-pl_PL.mo

Installation Failed

but that plugin installed no problem on another blog earlier running wp 2.7
beta1

Different error when installing  or trying to install wp polls on a
different blog

Downloading plugin package from
http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wp-polls.2.31.zip

Unpacking the plugin package

Installing the plugin

Could not create directory

Installation Failed

Both of those plug ins worked when installed in beta 1, I have tried four
other plugins and they are all returning either copy or creation errors, if
I change permission to 777