[wp-testers] Question about SECRET_KEY et al.

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:41:20 GMT 2008

Okay, let's see if I remember this correctly...

The secret key was added to the "wp-config.php" file in the 2.6 series
and was one key only. You could have the key generated for you via the
secret key url you referred to. Then, with 2.6.1(?), the single secret
key was replaced with 3 separate keys as you listed below. With 2.7, the
layout of the "wp-config.php" file was changed but the key info is
basically the same. In short, there's 3 secret keys now instead of just
one, they're just not called secret keys any longer but individually
defined. The api was updated to change the way the keys were generated
but I don't exactly recall why exactly (something to do with the ending
symbols I believe).

If I'm too far off base here, please feel free to correct this info...I
haven't had my second cup of coffee yet.