[wp-testers] Re: Tags suggestions...

Doug Smith doug at smithsrus.com
Mon Nov 10 23:12:57 GMT 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 12:45:44, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com>
wrote:

> The comments below relate to 2.7 bleeding [9597], which I got via SVN
> update.
>
> When I am editing a post, and I type in the Add a new tag box, it
> seems to be showing me both Categories and Tags. I expect/want it to
> only show me Tags. Is this intentional? I don't recall this as past
> WordPress behavior. It's also odd, because in my bleeding-edge-test
> blog, I have some categories and tags with the same names (e.g.
> "test"), and when I start typing that tag name, it shows up in the
> list twice (once for the tag and once for the category, presumably).
> Very disconcerting.

I noticed interaction between tags, categories, and other taxonomies
back on WordPress. I had been working with the Organize Series plugin,
which creates a new "series" taxonomy. The author of the plugin did
file a trac ticket ( http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6211 ) but it's
not scheduled for a fix anytime soon.

There is more information about our testing on this page of the
plugin's support forum (about a third of the way down):
http://unfoldingneurons.com/forums/topic/organize-series-20-beta-release-supportbug-reporting/page/2

--
Doug Smith <doug at smithsrus.com>
<http://smithsrus.com>